We've been supporting local communities for more than 100 years.
Origin Bank, formerly known as Community Trust Bank, has been committed to serving our community since 1912. We’ve helped people, small businesses, and large companies grow and prosper throughout Louisiana, Texas and Mississippi — and continue to do so through our strong focus on customer service.
- After the land deed was signed by Teddy Roosevelt, the Bank of Choudrant (Lincoln Parish, LA) opens its doors with a Capitalization of $10,000.
- Bank of Bernice (Union Parish, LA) is acquired and the name is changed to Community Trust Bank.
- Community Trust Bank becomes part of the newly formed Community Trust Financial Corporation holding company.
- Community Trust Bank expands full service banking into Ouachita Parish (LA).
- Community Trust Bank acquires First United Bank (Farmerville, LA), further deepening its dedication to Union Parish (LA).
- Community Trust Bank rings in the New Year by becoming a billion dollar bank.
- Community Trust Financial Corporation opens its first location in Dallas, TX.
- Community Trust Bank continues its commitment to growth and prosperity by acquiring First Louisiana Bank (Shreveport-Bossier City, LA).
- Community Trust Bank continues its expansion to Fort Worth, TX and Plano, TX.
- Community Trust Bank acquires Madison County Financial Corporation, the parent company of Madison County Bank (Madison, MS).
- Community Trust Bank pledges to continue to serve its communities as it celebrates its 100th Anniversary.
- Community Trust Financial Corporation acquires Thomas and Farr Insurance Agency.
- Community Trust Bank enters Houston, TX.
- Community Trust Bank changes its name to Origin Bank.
- Origin Bancorp, Inc., the financial holding company for Origin Bank, completes its initial public offering and begins trading on the NASDAQ Global Select Market.
- Origin Bancorp, Inc. acquires Reeves, Coon and Funderburg Insurance and Financial Services.
- Origin Bancorp, Inc. acquires The Pulley White Insurance Agency.
- Origin Bancorp, Inc. acquires BT Holdings, Inc., the holding company for BTH Bank, N.A., Quitman, Texas.
- Origin Bank expands into East Texas with the merger of BTH Bank, N.A. into Origin Bank.
- Origin Bancorp, Inc. transfers its listing of common stock to the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) and begins trading under the ticker symbol “OBK”.